First Term Objectives
1. Learn the Russian language at Kharkov University "Karazin."
2. Become accustomed to life in an Eastern European culture.
3. Further study and complete the 50-lesson, chronological course that
we will using in our ministry.
4. Establish a long-term relationship with Faith Bible Baptist Church -
just 45 minutes from the Russian border.
5. Receive additional foreign-field ministry training from veteran missionary
6. Make several trips in Russia visiting Belgorod and the surrounding
suburbs and villages.
2nd largest city in Ukraine with 1.431 million souls
Cultural, scientific, educational, transport and industrial center in Eastern Ukraine
Former capital of Ukraine from 1917 to 1935
Kharkov is the administrative city for the Kharkov Oblast (region or province)
Averages about 80 days in which it snows throughout the winter
There is a direct railway line to Moscow which extends through Belgorod, Russia
Survey Trip 2016
From July 7th to August 25th, we were able to be in Ukraine helping the O'Brien family with the work that they started. Part of the trip included preparation for our move in 2017 and other aspects included visiting the local orphanage, assisting in the Vacation Bible School outreach, teaching the Bible, and evangelism. You can find the O'Brien family's prayer letter here and also read about our experiences in July and August. Included are a few pictures from the profitable time we had there!